Brockwell Medical Group relocation - 3 June 2024

Making a complaint

It is very important to us that you let us know of any concerns you have about your care so we can try to resolve it straight away.

Talk to us

If you are unhappy with any aspect of your care please talk to the practice team leader. If you would prefer to talk to someone who isn’t involved in your care you can talk to the Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) who can help sort out any problems on your behalf. You can contact them on 0800 032 0202.

How to make a complaint

​Valens Medical Partnership is keen to provide all patients with high quality care and it is always of concern when patients express dissatisfaction with our services.

If you are unhappy with any aspect of your care at any of our surgeries, please advise any member of staff, and we will endeavour to assist you. To make a formal complaint, you can:

  • Call our complaints line on 01670 844311 and leave a message
  • Submit a complaint form or written letter to any practice
  • Email our complaints department at
  • Speak to any member of staff

We welcome your feedback, and use it to help improve our services. Your care will not be affected by making a complaint.

Once your complaint has been registered, we will acknowledge your complaint via phone call, email or letter within three working days.

We’re committed to fully investigating your complaint within 28 working days, but if the investigation looks likely to last longer than 28 working days, we will contact you and advise you on the estimated time frame.

Once the investigation is complete, you can expect a letter of response from us detailing our findings.

Making sure you feel heard is important to us. Throughout the process, you can contact us on 01670 844311 to discuss your complaint further. Be sure to leave a message, and a member of our team will call you back as soon as possible.

Details of the Integrated Care Board can be found here.

Complaining on behalf of someone else

You may make a complaint on behalf of someone else. We have to know that you have their permission to do so and will require a note signed by the person concerned, unless they are incapable (because of illness) of providing this.


If you feel we have not dealt with the issues you have raised as you would wish, you can contact the Parliamentary and Health Services Ombudsman. You can contact them by visiting or you can call them on 0345 015 4033.

Independent support to assist you in making your complaint can be provided by the Independent Complaints Advocacy Service (ICAS) who can be contacted on: 0845 1203732.

Northumbria Primary Care